What is the typical recovery time for your aesthetic dermatology treatments?
The overwhelming majority of our treatments are considered non-invasive and have very little, to no down time associated with them. In most cases you can return to your normal daily routine right away or within a few days. That said, it’s very important to note that recovery time is highly dependent on what treatment you have and that every person’s body can respond differently to any given treatment.
Nonetheless, the following provides you a general idea of what the typical recovery time is for some of our most popular treatments.
- Laser Hair Removal: No down time.
- Coolsculpting: No down time.
- Clear and Brilliant Laser Resurfacing: No down time. A few hours to one day of minor redness, and up to a few days of mild flakiness.
- Botox: Typically none, but we recommend 1 day of limited activity. There is always a risk of mild bruising.
- Fillers: Very little downtime. Always a risk of bruising and mild swelling. Final results are seen within two weeks.
- Laser Tattoo Removal: 5 – 10 days covering the treated tattoo area from sun exposure.
- Fraxel: Approximately 1 Week. Treated areas will likely be red/pink in color for 1 – 3 days, and then experience flaky skin for days 4 – 7. Patients must minimize sun exposure to the treated area for one to two weeks post treatment. Therefore, Fall, Winter, and Spring are the most popular times for these laser treatments.
- Ultherapy: No down time, although some swelling is possible.
- Microneedling with RF (Radio Frequency): Approximately 2 days of pink and/or flaky skin. No make up for 24 hours post procedure.
*Again, please note that these are just general estimates, and that every patient’s experience will be a little different. Patients should discuss their treatment in detail with their provider.